2011 Florida Equine Institute Proceedings and Video Presentations
To view pdf files, download Adobe Acrobat for free.
- Where Are These Flies Coming From?
P. E. Kaufman, P. G. Koehler and J. F. Butler
- Weed Identification.
- Weed Management in Pastures and Rangelands
B.A. Sellers and J.A. Ferrell
- Maintaining Tack in a Humid Environment
E. Johnson, T. Thrift, and J. McQuagge
- Manure Composting
- The Skinny on Feeding Fat to Horses
Video Presentations -
DSL speed or higher connection speed required.
Click here to download the free Windows Media player.
- With each presentation,under the Video window, tabs are available that provide additional interaction labeled Topics, Resources, and Email.
Topics: offers the slides in a chronological list, much like chapters, which allows the user the ability to jump to a particular point in the presentation by clicking on a listed topic.
Resources: Provides document that relates to the presentation.
Email: Click on the provided email address and send an email.
- Where Are These Flies Coming From? (43 minutes)
Dr. Phillip Kaufman; UF/IFAS Entomologist
- Identifying Florida's Weeds: Control and Herbicide Selection (56 minutes)
Dr. Jason Ferrell; UF/IFAS Weed Specialist
- Maintaining Tack in Florida's Humid Environment (59 minutes)
Dr. Todd Thrift, Dr. Ed Johnson, & Joel McQuagge; UF/IFAS Animal Sciences
- Arena Demonstration: Dressage (44 minutes)
Bill Woods, Dressage Instructor; Four Winds Farm
- Arena Demonstration: Reining (44 minutes)
Shannon & Mark Rafacz; Mark Rafacz Reining Horses LLC
- Horse Manure Management Options (23 minutes)
Jamie Cohen; UF/IFAS Marion County Extension
- The Skinny of Feeding Horses Fat (53 minutes)
Dr. Lori Warren; UF/IFAS Animal Sciences