2013 Florida Equine Institute Proceedings
Please visit links for printable proceedings and video presentations listed under each title below.
To view pdf files, download Adobe Acrobat for free.
Video Presentations - DSL speed or higher connection speed required.
Click here to download the free Windows Silverlight player.
- With each presentation,under the Video window, tabs are available that provide additional interaction labeled Topics, Resources, and Email.
Topics: offers the slides in a chronological list, much like chapters, which allows the user the ability to jump to a particular point in the presentation by clicking on a listed topic.
Resources: Provides document that relates to the presentation.
Email: Click on the provided email address and send an email.
- Herbicide Toxicity
Dr. William Haller – UF / IFAS Center for Invasive Plants
PDF (29 kb) /Video (28 minutes)
- Controlling Insect Pests on Horse Farms
Dr. Phil Kaufman – UF / IFAS Entomology
PDF (18 kb) / Video (56 minutes)
- Pasture Health
Mark Shuffitt – UF / IFAS Livestock Extension Agent
PDF (22 kb) /Video (33 minutes)
- Soil Testing for Pastures and Fields in Central Florida
Jonael Bosques – UF / IFAS Small Farms Extension Agent
PDF (1,517 kb) / Video (26 minutes)
- A Look into Applied Equine Biomechanics
Dr. Kylee Jo Duberstein – University of Georgia; Animal Science
Video (51 minutes)
- Diagnosis & Treatment Options for Horses with Recurrent Colic
Dr. Amanda House – UF College of Veterinary Medicine
PDF (20 kb) /Video (59 minutes)
- The In’s and Out’s of Digestion in the Horse
Dr. Lori Warren – UF / IFAS Animal Science
PDF (354 kb) /Video (52 minutes)